Date One


Are first dates ever really that good? Both people are nervous and giddy, and add a little alcohol to that....

Last night I had my first date post-breakup. I am in no way wanting to hop right back into a relationship, but frankly, I need a self-esteem boost. And a little fun never hurt anyone, did it?

After this date, I have decided to only agree to drinks at first. Yikes. We went to dinner at this lovely upscale Mexican restaurant in town.

.... and that's about the only good part of the night. This guy was a total-frat bro who couldn't get over the fact that he has long graduated and is no longer in said frat. He droned on and on and on.... and on about his frat. He has been out of school for 6 years. He asked me three questions, and then turned it back to his frat. He also said "like" as if he was a stereotypical high school girl.

Towards the end of this long and painful dinner (thank god for margaritas!) he went to the restroom. I just don't have the heart to ditch out on someone, so I called the waitress over to quickly clear our table and get the check.

Of course he parked two cars away from mine. I hurried ahead of him and said bye. No hug, no kiss, I just wanted OUT!

To make matters worse, he asked me if I didn't like him or if he did something wrong. I said no, I just had an early morning and needed to head out.

The next morning, I received a text from him asking the same questions. I'm not going to tell this poor guy that I think he's an immature, annoying, guy with not an ounce of intelligence in his brain. Just because I think that, doesn't mean there isn't someone out there who would like him, and I didn't want one comment by me to hurt a random guys self-esteem/self-worth. I thanked him for dinner and simply said I felt a friend vibe, and that was all.


Tonight, I am enjoying a nice glass of wine, catching up on the latest Housewives of Beverly Hills and gearing up for a second first date tomorrow.

Happy Friday All!


Comments

Popular Posts